A brief presentation
LogExpert Browser is a free open-source application for viewing Windows event logs records.
It is similar to Event Viewer (a tool which is shipped with Windows system) and has few additional features.
Here is a brief list of LogExpert Browser key features:
- Simultaneous vizualization of records from different logs (Application, System, Security, etc).
- Filtering records by different criteria (source, type, computer name, etc).
- Ascending or descending sorting of records.
- Selection and ordering of display fields (sourse, type, computer name, etc).
- Disk persistance of filtering criteria, sorting options and other user settings.
- Fast reading of records with a minimum memory consumption.
It runs under Windows 2k, XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems with no additional prerequisites.
Executable binaries as well as an install kit can be found in CODEXPERT downloads pages.
- Codexpert downloads: LogExpert download page
The full project source code is avalable for free in Open-source section of CODEXPERT forum. It is a Visual Studio project, using MFC Framework and Windows SDK.
- Codexpert forum: LogExpert – Windows Event Logs Viewer