Microsoft Libraries and C++ Programming Language
- Using Lambdas in MFC Applications – Part 1: Sorting Arrays
Presents how to sort MFC arrays using lambda expressions (C++11 and next).
- Using Lambdas in MFC Applications – Part 2: Replacing Callback Functions
Shows examples of using lambda expressions (including nested lambdas) in MFC applications for replacing callback functions.
- Using Lambdas in MFC Applications – Part 3: Dealing with C++ REST SDK
Demonstrates how to set up a Visual C++ project for using C++ REST SDK (Casablanca) in Visual Studio 2013. Also provides sample code and a MFC demo project.
- Binary Literals and Digit Separators
This article provides an introduction to the new C++14 features binary literals and digit separators.
- Easy Browse for Folder with MFC
Presents how to easily show a browse for folder dialog in MFC, using CShellManager::BrowseForFolder.
- Easy Shadow Drawing with MFC
Shows how to easily draw shadows using CDrawingManager MFC class.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 1: The Basics
Demonstrates basic text formatting and drawing by using Direct2D and DirectWrite wrapper classes in MFC.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 2: Text Block Formatting
DirectWrite block text formatting in MFC applications.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 3: Text Range Format
Shows how to format ranges of text in MFC using CD2DTextLayout and IDWriteTextLayout.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 4: Inline Images
Shows how to override and implement IDWriteInlineObject methods to insert inline images in a DirectWrite text layout.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 5: Typography
Performs fancy stylistic text rendering with DirectWrite in MFC.
- MFC Support for DirectWrite – Part 6: Effects
A simple example of changing text range color in an MFC application with Direct2D/DirectWrite support.
We planned to continue the Direct2D/DirectWrite series but also other articles about programming with C++ using Microsoft Windows libraries like MFC, ATL, Windows API and so on.