- Multiple-View File Explorer
Shows how to easily make a Windows file manager with multiple views by using MFC framework and IExplorerBrowser interface.
- MFC Support for Direct2D – Part 1
Using the MFC D2D classes for making a simple image viewer.
- MFC Support for Direct2D – Part 2
Demonstrates how to easily make a simple image viewer by enabling MFC Direct2D support.
- Listing Windows Known Folders
Using IKnownFolderManager and IKnownFolder in an MFC application for listing the Windows known (special) folders.
- WIC Wrapper Library – Version 1.0
A free wrapper library for WIC (Windows Imaging Component) interfaces.
- WIC Wrapper Library – Version 1.1
Adds new methods and classes to WIC Wrapper Library.
- Using Direct2D for Rendering WIC Bitmap Sources
WIC Wrapper Library has been improved for rendering WIC bitmap sources, by using Direct2D.
- WIC File Open Dialog Using IFileOpenDialog Interface
Using IFileOpenDialog and Windows Imaging Component interfaces to create File Open Dialog that automatically filters WIC supported image files.
- How to Get Visual C++ Sample Projects
Shows two ways to get Visual C++ sample code projects.
- Tree-View Control – TVS_EX_RICHTOOLTIP style
About using and the effect of TVS_EX_RICHTOOLTIP tree-view control style.
- How to Check the Windows Version
Shows how to programmatically check the Windows version beginning with Windows 8.1.
- Five new algorithms to C++11 that you should know about
A look at several new algorithms in C++11 that C++ developers should know about.
- Assigning algorithms in the C++ Standard Library
A short walk through the assignment algorithms in the C++ standard library.
- C++11: Let’s Write a “Hello Lambda!”
A brief introduction in C++ lambda expressions.
- C++ Gems: ref-qualifiers
This article explores the ref-qualifiers in C++11.
- User defined literals
An overview of cooked user-defined literals in C++11 and additions to C++14.
- C++ generic numeric algorithms in header <numeric>
A walk through the numeric operations available in header <numeric> in the C++ Standard Library and shows real world examples.
- The standard way of converting between numbers and strings in C++11
Learn about the standard way in C++11 of converting between numbers and strings (using to_string or to_wstring) and the other way around (stoi, stol, stof, stod).
- Classic Start Menu in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
A trick for quickly get a “start menu” like the classic one in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Codexpert – 2013 Articles Summary